Today has been a day of ups and downs. Yesterday we found out HBI was laying off 150 people in our headquarters (which is where I work here in Winston). They started yesterday and finished today. I was a little concerned since a lot of the jobs were in the finance department but was hoping since we are technically already under staffed that we would be okay. This afternoon our VP met with us to let us know that our department would be untouched but that obviously it is still tough because there are a lot of people who went home tonight without jobs. In these tough times I feel very blessed to have the job I do even if it can be frustrating on a day to day basis.
After that rough day at work I came home to a letter in the mail letting me know that I have been award my CPA certificate and that they would be mailing me my official one in the next 12 weeks. So now I can officially say that I am a CPA!! :) So after 2 long years of working towards this I am finally official. Now we just have to get Shawn through his last year and the bar exam and we will be set.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment