So things have been crazy and I realized today it has been over 2 months since I posted anything. So here's some updates on our lives. Shawn is spending his summer in Raleigh working for the North Carolina Attorney General's Office. He is in the property control section and works with all the state property transactions. He has really been enjoying what he has been doing so it makes the long weeks apart more bearable. He only has to work until noon on Fridays so he gets a head start on his weekend.
I have been gearing up at work for our tax return season. Our federal return is due 9/15 and then the state returns are due generally 9/15 or 10/15. There is a lot to be done before we are ready to push the button by 9/15. We started our "summer hours" on 6/16. This means we are working 4 ten hour days and the building is closed on Fridays. We had two weeks then July 4th week was regular hours and then I was out last week so I am still getting used to the long days. It mostly just means I get less done during the week and have more to do on the weekends. I found out right before we left for Bay View that I did not pass my last CPA section again so I am back to studying every night. I am planning to take it again in August. Hopefully 3rd time is the charm!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment