Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summers almost over!

After another long stretch of no posts I finally got some pictures off my camera to put up. I re-took my last section of the CPA exam on the 7th. I am hoping to hear back next month sometime. And hopefully the news is good this time! Shawn finished up work and is back in Winston. He starts school next Monday and in the meantime is working on stuff around the house.

We decided awhile back that we needed to repaint our bedroom because the color we had in there was too dark for the space. I found the following picture in a Pottery Barn catalog and we decided we both liked the color. Shawn primed the room over several days and then over the last few weekends we got it all painted.


For awhile all the furniture in the room was pushed into the middle. The room felt huge when everything was put back.


Here you can see the painting in progress. I will try to remember to take some pictures of the finished product and post those. The color isn't exactly what I thought it would be but I think it is a good color for the room and warms things up.


This past Saturday and Sunday two co-workers and I went to a scrapbooking event at our local scrapbook store. Here is Missy cranking out some pages.


Denise and I on the other hand were a little slower at getting the pages done.


We had the option to work through the night but everyone there went home about midnight and made it back bright and early the next morning to work through the day.


We had a great time and it was nice to get some more pages done after my book was put on hold in lieu of studying. Most of my pages still need journaling but I am trying to work on that in the evenings so I can finish up some pages.


It is hard to believe that summer is almost over. We had our last week of summer hours last week and now we are back to 5 eight hour days. I am glad to be back to a more normal schedule that allows me to get stuff done in the evenings. Shawn is gearing up for class and our friends are trickling back into town from their various summer jobs. I am sure it will be a busy semester as always.

1 comment:

loulou said...

Hi, You Two!
It has been such fun to look at your blogsite! I love the color of your bedroom and am so pleased to see that Kristen is scrap booking.
Praying that this fall sees you in good health, with good grades(!), and sharing the gifts that you have both been given.
Love from LOVELY Michigan,
Aunt Jennie Lou