Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lots of updates

I have been a very lax poster and have not kept people up to date. So finally here is a new post :) At the beginning of the month I (Kristen) got to fly into LA and spend a day and night with Aunt Ter. Then we headed to San Jose for Grandpa's 85th birthday. It was a wonderful time and I am so glad I got a chance to do that!! I don't have any pictures though (I am not very good at taking pictures). The day after I got back from CA Shawn headed to Columbus for his spring break. After they dug out from a blizzard (see picture below) he and his dad went fly fishing in Michigan for several days.



After Shawn got home Dan flew down to take Shawn to the NASCAR races in Bristol that weekend. We had a fun dinner here in Winston with Chris before they left early Saturday morning


Dan took a quick "family picture". You can just barely see Grady's nose down at the bottom.


Dan and Shawn headed to TN and headed straight for lots of rain. The Nationwide race managed to get in just enough laps in to make it a race. They had a long cold wet night though camping out. Here they are at a mostly empty track after the rain hit.


Here was home for the weekend. Take a wild guess why I was not disappointed I couldn't go!


Sunday brought a rain free day and a great race all the way to the end.


Here is Shawn and Dan Friday night before their adventures began.


Here they are after.


Shawn got a job offer last week from the Property Division of the NC Attorney General's Office. He will be spending 12 weeks in Raleigh this summer. Luckily David is willing to take on a roommate during the week.

I did not pass my last section of the CPA that I took in January so I have reapplied to take it April 18th and it is back to the books with me until then. Hopefully second time is the charm.

We had a wonderful Easter in Cary. Spring has definitely come here in NC. Trees are flowering, grass is turning green, flowers are blooming and the weather is warmer. We hope everyone's Easter was blessed as well.

No comments: