Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Animals and Florida

Here are a few pictures I took recently of Grady and Abbie. Now that it is getting colder they are both like to snuggle in. Grady loves when he gets to curl up on the couch. Even on his big dog bed he gets into the smallest ball he can (we call it a "Grady ball"). I guess he is a true southern dog that doesn't like the cold!



Abbie loves to sleep in Grady's crate during the day. It is between the dining area/kitchen and the family room so she can't keep an eye on everything but she is "hidden". Grady doesn't seem to ever bother her in there so I am sure that makes it even more appealing.


Note the cream color carpet below Grady. In a few more weeks that will be gone! Shawn and I bought 51 boxes of Pergo laminate flooring last weekend and Shawn and I will tackle that project once he gets through finals in a few weeks. No more carpet downstairs for them to tear up! I am very excited to have all hard surface floors downstairs.



Last week I was in Hollywood, FL for a conference for the tax program we use at work. We were in class most of the 4 days we were there but we did steal a few hours by the pool and walking on the beach. Unfortunately it rained pretty much every afternoon so that made it hard to find time to get outside. There wasn't much to do around the hotel though and I was very glad to get back home in time for the weekend.

The view while we were sitting outside one afternoon.


Our hotel from the pool side.


This afternoon Mike and Hari will come in town for a few days for Thanksgiving at our house. My parents and David will come over tomorrow morning for the day. Next week is my 24th birthday but so far no big plans because everyone will be studying for their finals. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: