Friday, January 22, 2010

Hate grocery list making!!


So I am sitting here trying to come up with our grocery list for the week and menu plan for the week (or more)...and I hate it!!!  I don't mind the actual grocery shopping but for some reason I absolutely dread making the menu and list for the week.

I have tried to make it easier.  I have a list of our favorite meals.  I have saved my recipes to Google Docs so they are easy to look at.  I even tried for awhile assigning a type of meal to a day of the week (eg Mondays are Italian, Tuesdays are Crockpot, etc).  Nothing seems to make me hate it less.

I figure coming up with a plan is the least I can do since Shawn does pretty much all of the cooking at our house.  However it gives me an even greater appreciation for the cooking and planning my mom did growing up!  It doesn't help that I am so picky so our choices are limited (although I am always on the lookout for new recipes).

Thank goodness it is at least Friday!

No comments: