The reports we saw estimated we got between 5 and 6 inches of snow and I believe it.
Because it rained all weekend they couldn't pre-treat the roads and they were recommending people stay home if they could.
So first thing this morning I headed to work in my pj's (and under the covers for that matter). First I came downstairs to witness Grady's reaction. He has been in snow in Chicago twice now but never in his own back yard. For a dog that hates wet grass and cold he has quiet a love for snow. The best part is we just let him drag his leash around and except for one jaunt down the street he stayed in the yard.
Because the snow was fairly deep he basically pranced around the yard trying to keep his feet out of it. Then Shawn started throwing snowballs for him. He LOVED that! He would chase them and then try to bite them after they landed. It was pretty funny.
Then he would come racing back for more.
Abbie was not so sure about this snow stuff but she kept a watchful eye out from the back door.
After a few minutes of biting snowballs Grady had grown a white beard.
Shawn took him out for another play session this afternoon. Needless to say he is a little tired! I tried my hand at a couple of videos so we will see if I can get them up here. Both of them cut off sooner than I thought so I only captured some of his antics.
Hopefully tomorrow's roads won't be too bad although they are predicting black ice with the continued cold temps but slushy roads. The funny part is it is supposed to be in the 60's by this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment